(source: Origami ressource center)
1. Fold a piece of paper in half.
2. Fold in half again but only make a small crease to show the midpoint. Fold the bottom right corner upwards to make a 60° angle at the midpoint (begin to fold into thirds).
3. Fold the bottom left corner upwards to meet with the folded right-edge of the paper.
4. Cut the excess paper to form a triangle.
5. Cut slots on the triangle as shown. Be careful to keep the central column uncut so the paper does not fall apart. If the paper is too thick, consider using origami paper which is a lighter weight paper.
6. Unfold the paper to find a paper spider web!